[R] Capsicum frutescens Will (Solanaceae).
Fr: Piment; Ge: Paprika; Sp: Pimiento ņora; It: Peperoneino; Pt: Pimento.
- Herbaceous, perennial plant in warm countries, but cultivated in Europe as an annual plant. Bell pepper plants are bushy, upright, and may attain 1 m in height.
- The smooth spicy flavoured fruits are used as condiments (*) .
- Its cultivation resembles that of red pepper .
- Principal European pests: identical to those of tomato.
* Bell pepper stem and fruit (section) (Minost C.)
1: bell pepper stem.
a: leaf entire, oval er elliptical; b: flower solitary; c: fruit smoth, green or red; peduncle elbowed at the close vivinity of th fuit.
2: fruit (section).
a: peduncle; b: pulp; c: seeds.
HYPPZ on line: Species (scientific names), Pests (common names), Glossary, Crops.
HYP3 : HYPP Phytopathology.